Molly: An American Girl on the Home Front is a 2006 television family drama based on the "American Girl" book series which aired on the Disney Channel on November 26, 2006.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Set in 1943 in the fictional town of Jefferson, Illinois during World War II. Molly McIntire (Maya Ritter) and her family are learning to cope with the changes the war has brought to their close-knit family.
Molly misses her father who went overseas to care for the wounded soldiers. As they try to keep things running smoothly, Molly enters a dance contest at school. She and her friends are lively, outgoing and always bursting with ideas.
Also during this time, a young girl named Emily Bennett (Tory Green) comes from London, England to live with the family and Molly learns the importance of getting along and pulling together.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Maya Ritter as Molly McIntire
- Tory Green as Emily Bennett
- Hannah Fleming as Susan Shapiro
- Samantha Somer Wilson as Linda Rinaldi
- Josette Halpert as Alison Hargate
- David Aaron Baker as Dr. McIntire
- Molly Ringwald as Mrs. McIntire
- Genevieve Farrell as Jill McIntire
- Andrew Chalmers as Ricky McIntire